আন্তর্জাতিক উন্নয়ন উদ্যোগ (IDE) এর নিয়োগ বিজ্ঞপ্তি
Senior Technical Specialist
iDE is an international NGO with over 30 years of experience in designing and delivering market-based anti-poverty programs in 11 countries. We are a world leader in making markets work for the poor as well as the longest established market development specialist NGO in Bangladesh. iDE believes that markets can be a powerful force for improving smallholder prosperity by creating income and livelihood opportunities for poor rural households. iDE Bangladesh currently has eight projects in agricultural markets, water, sanitation, and hygiene (WASH), and access to finance with a focus on women’s economic empowerment and climate-smart technologies.
We are currently seeking a Senior Technical Specialist (STS) to join our – Women’s Economic Empowerment through Strengthening Market Systems (WEESMS) programme. WEESMS aims on increasing women’s opportunities for economic participation and decision-making through improved access to productive employment options with small and medium enterprises (SMEs) led by women entrepreneurs.
The Senior Technical Specialist (STS) will be responsible for leading and providing technical guidance using Making Markets Work for Poor (M4P) approach on capacity development strategy and interventions related to the business growth of Women SMEs. In close collaboration and coordination with the Field Team Leaders, the STS will lead efforts across both regions (Khulna and Rangpur) to ensure the successful implementation of the assigned field activities.
|Position||Senior Technical Specialist|
|Number of Vacancies||01|
|Job Location||Dhaka, Bangladesh (with frequent field visits within the country)|
|Reporting Line||Team Leader – WEESMS, iDE Bangladesh|
Key Responsibilities and Tasks
The responsibilities of the Senior Technical Specialist include but are not limited to the descriptions below.
Key Roles and Responsibilities
- Under the supervision of the team leader, coordinate and provide technical guidance using Making Markets Work for Poor (M4P) approach on assigned interventions and liaise with two field offices for successful implementation of the field activities;
- Take lead in ensuring effective planning, budgeting and implementation of activities and achievement of results in the relevant interventions assigned;
- Play an active role in strategic partnership management with key public and private sector stakeholders in the programme;
- Support monitoring of the achievement of assigned projects’ results as related to WEE against set indicators across four distinct types of result data: i) Outputs, ii) Outcomes, iii) Performance and iv) Impact
- Contribute to M&E efforts, increasing the ability of those efforts to capture indicators of gender and inclusion, data collection and analysis;
- Maintain close relationships with different units of iDE (including but not limited to Operations, Programs, Inclusive Markets and Gender, Communications, and Strategic Partnerships) regarding M&E and research issues
- Additional duties as defined by the Team Leader of WEESMS
Skills and Experience
A successful Senior Technical Specialist will have the following skills and experience and will be comfortable with the following conditions.
Master’s degree in Business Administration, Economics, Marketing, Entrepreneurship, and other related fields.
- At least 5-7 years of proven and practical experience with market development approaches including Making Markets Work for the Poor (M4P) and value chain development, and monitoring methodologies such as the Donor Committee for Enterprise Development (DCED) Standard for Results Measurement (practical experience preferred);
- Significant knowledge of sound business development services such as capacity building, access to finance, market linkages, etc;
- Substantial demonstrated experience working with the private sector, understanding trading relationships, and an ability to apply this experience in development initiatives;
- Familiarity and experience with project management concepts such as Logical Frameworks, Impact Logic or Results Chains;
- Strong capacity in knowledge management including but not limited to: report design, case study development;
- Experience in qualitative and quantitative research in a rural development setting;
- Experience with Human-Centered Design and Design Thinking is preferred;
- Demonstrated understanding of gender and development issues in Bangladesh and more broadly;
Management and Programmatic Skills
- Understands the facilitative role and local market development approach ;
- Experience of value chain approaches, market development and deep-dive research;
- Ability to plan and implemented iterative field level activities for market systems change (looking beyond the Detail Implementation Plan).
- Undertake additional tasks subject to workload and skill sets such as photography, cross-project training, and evaluations;
- An energetic and focused approach to coaching and mentoring;
- Excellent interpersonal and leadership skills;
- Ability to work with various national and international team members and flexibility to adapt to different work conditions;
- Ability to interact and collaborate with a broad range of public and private sector and NGO partners.
Physical and Language Skills
- Ability to travel and undertake fieldwork in rural contexts;
- Ability to communicate effectively in oral and in writing, work independently and as part of the team, and work effectively with co-workers, partner agencies and the private sector;
- Strong computer skills in Microsoft Office Suite, email and the internet and Google Apps;
Other Information and Conditions
- The position would be the regular employment of iDE-B;
- The remuneration package, workdays, and deliverables might be change based on negotiation between iDE management and the contract;
- iDE reserves the right to terminate this agreement at any time with the consultation of the employee as per HR policy;
Please submit your recent CV (maximum 4 pages) with a 1-page cover letter detailing your experience and suitability for the role to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please mark “WEESMS Senior Technical Specialist” on the subject line when applying for the position. Only short-listed candidates will be notified.
Women are actively encouraged to apply.
iDE provides a women friendly work environment with flexible work arrangements, appropriate skill development opportunities and good career development potential for high performing individuals. We are committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Employment selection and related decisions are made without regard to gender, race, age, disability, religion, national origin, color, or any other protected class.
Deadline: 30 July 2020 COB (4:30pm Bangladesh time)