The University of Western Australia is offering the Global Excellence Scholarships to high-achieving undergraduate and postgraduate students from selected countries across the globe, who apply for particular courses at the University. The scholarships are intended to encourage and assist these high-achieving international students to commence and pursue an undergraduate or postgraduate qualification at the University.
University of Western Australia
Level/Field(s) of study:
Bachelors, Direct Pathway, Graduate Diploma, Masters degree by coursework or PhD, in any subject, except for the following:
• Direct Pathway to Juris Doctor
• Direct Pathway to Medicine
• Direct Pathway to Pharmacy
• Direct Pathway to Podiatry
• Direct Pathway to Dental Medicine
• Graduate Diploma in Clinical Neuropsychology
• Graduate Diploma in Clinical Psychology
• Graduate Certificate in Autism Diagnosis
• Juris Doctor
• Doctor of Dental Medicine
• Doctor of Philosophy and Master of Clinical Neuropsychology
• Doctor of Philosophy and Master of Industrial and Organisational Psychology
• Master of Pharmacy
• Master of Clinical Audiology
• Master of Industrial and Organisational Psychology
• Doctor of Philosophy and Master of Clinical Psychology
• Doctor of Medicine
• Master of Clinical Exercise Physiology
• Master of Business Psychology
• Graduate Certificate in the Diagnosis and Assessment of Foetal Alcohol Spectrum Disorders (FASD)
• Graduate Certificate in Fieldwork Practice
Number of Scholarships:
The scholarship award, in the form of an annual tuition fee discount, is up to AUD 45,000 over 3 years for Bachelors degree students and up to AUD 30,000 over 2 years for postgraduates.
The value of the Scholarship is determined by the applicant’s equivalent Australian Tertiary Admission Rank (ATAR) or UWA weighted average mark (WAM). See the official website (link found below) for details.
Scholarship applicants must be one of the countries on the list (see above). They must have received an offer for an undergraduate or postgraduate course at the University and have achieved an equivalent of ATAR of 85.00 – 98.00+; or WAM of 70.00 – 85.00+.
Eligible applicants to the University will be automatically considered for the scholarship and do not need to submit a separate application. For postgraduates studies starting Semester 2, 2020, the deadline for application is 26 July 2020 while some postgraduate courses run on different timelines (see official website). For undergraduate studies, applications are open two years prior to your start date.
It is important to read the full terms and conditions and visit the official website (link found below) for detailed information on how to apply for this scholarship.