এসএনভি নেদারল্যান্ড ডেভেলপমেন্ট অর্গানাইজেশনের নিয়োগ বিজ্ঞপ্তি
জব ক্যাটাগরি : প্রাইভেট/ NGO
আবেদনের শেষ তারিখ : ১৬ ডিসেম্বর, ২০১৭
বিস্তারিত নিচের বিজ্ঞাপনে:
Business Development, Advocacy and Communications Advisor
Based in Dhaka, Bangladesh
SNV Netherlands Development Organization is a not-for-profit international development Organisation, founded in the Netherlands in 1965. SNV Netherlands operates in more than 30 developing countries of Asia, Latin America and Africa, in Agriculture, Renewable Energy and Water, Sanitation & Hygiene sectors. SNV has been working in Bangladesh since 2006. For detailed information on SNV Bangladesh visit: www.snv.org.
Purpose of the job:
Business Development, Advocacy and Communications Advisor leads/coordinates all business development opportunities and all internal and external communication and publication material of SNV Bangladesh. This includes taking the lead in concept notes, proposal development, bidding, for proposals, forming consortiums, overseeing of all electronic and print-based marketing material, planning news agendas, producing press releases and news reports, liaising with media representatives, attending campaign meetings and ensuring company employees are equipped with the necessary information to carry out their jobs effectively. S/he should be fluent in both spoken and written English and Bangla, have great writing and networking skills and possess the ability to tailor communications to different target audiences. The advisor is expected to maintain and ensure high quality products and services along with ensuring SNV branding policy. S/he will work closely with the project sector teams in Bangladesh and coordinate with the corporate business development and communication team in The Hague. She/he is expected to have excellent negotiation skills, team working abilities and other media/marketing related professions.
This position is based in SNV Bangladesh Dhaka Office, with regular travel to SNV Bangladesh field offices as and when required.
- Conduct information research and analysis in relation to donor and funding trends of SNV’s key donors in Bangladesh;
- Identification and tracking of forecasted opportunities including forecast tenders and calls for proposals, and analyzing and sharing this information within the organization;
- Provide support to the preparations for forecast tenders, working closely with the Country Director, Country Management Team and senior BD officers.
- Serve as proposal coordinator working on key tenders and grant applications: support partner negotiations and teaming agreements, consortium formation when necessary, compile inputs of proposal team members, and develop key documents for technical/financial proposals for submission.
- Support SNV’s response to global calls for proposals, sharing early intelligence with sector teams and country offices, analyzing donor requirements, and supporting the internal review process.
- Support to internal business improvement projects.
Communications and Advocacy
- Ensures SNV corporate communication guidelines are maintained in all official communication materials.
- Contextualise corporate communication strategies if required.
- Develop communication content for different projects and sectors as well as for SNV/B country office.
- Develop partnerships/ coalitions/ alliances to enhance SNV’s credibility and legitimacy as an advocate by promoting its public image and visibility; deliver persuasive, evidence-based and solution-oriented messages to the public, decision-makers, stakeholders and those who influence them.
- Support building strong partnerships with national and international non-governmental organizations (NGOs) and national government offices.
- Support colleagues to develop and implement advocacy activities.
- Collect and analyse information relevant to political developments in the country, and identify opportunities for collaboration with peer organisations and partners in order to shape and influence institutional policies and practice.
- Write and ensure quality of press releases and other forms of internal and external communications.
- Lead developing publications, both electronic and manual (e.g. websites, leaflets and brochures)
- Update and edit of SNV’s website periodically.
- Develop marketing strategies and implement media campaigns as needed.
- Develop and maintain media relations.
- Support SNV staff regarding all communication related materials.
- Attend press conferences, project launching events and networking events.
- Support and develop communication related materials as required from different projects.
- Ensure quality of all SNV Bangladesh communication activities.
- Any other activities related to advocacy and communication as and when prescribed by the SNV management team.
Education, Knowledge, Experience and Skills
- Masters in Marketing, Business, Communication, Journalism, Social Science, Development Studies or any other related subject.
- Minimum 3-5 years’ business development / proposal writing experience
- Minimum of 3-5 years’ experience of advocacy and communications as well as media, managing and implementing communication strategies will be preferred.
- Proven abilities in designing and implementing communication strategy for development organizations.
- An excellent understanding of the media on a regional, national and an international level
- Strong lobbying and negotiating skill to work with government and policy makers.
- Expertise on all matters relating to marketing, public relations and communications
- Ability to visualize complex situations, subjects and projects for different set of audience
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- The ability to act as an effective and efficient team player
- The ability to develop relations with partner organisations, media representatives and other external bodies.
- A good knowledge of web and print-based marketing materials
- Excellent negotiation abilities
- Creative thinking
- The ability to motivate other members of the team
- The ability to think spontaneously and respond positively in pressure.
- Proficiency in necessary IT/design software (In-design, Photoshop, illustrator, etc.)
Desirable: Work experiences of development sector, communication, media and business development.
Duty station: Dhaka, Bangladesh
Contract Duration: Initial contract up to December 2018 with strong possibility of extension depending on performance.
Working Hours: Full time (minimum of 40 hours per week)
Salary & Benefits: Attractive remuneration package with admissible benefits.
If you believe that your credentials meet the outlined profile, we invite you to apply by submitting your CV (not more than 3 pages) and a letter of motivation (1 page) to [email protected].org by December 16, 2017. Please include your achievements in your current and prior positions in your CV.
We do not appreciate third-party mediation based on this advertisement. Only short listed candidates will be contacted. Any form of solicitation by phone or other means will be treated as disqualification of the candidate. SNV is an equal employment provider.