ওয়াটার এইড বাংলাদেশের নতুন নিয়োগ বিজ্ঞপ্তি
WaterAid is a global non-government, not-for-profit organisation, working for over 30 years now in changing lives for the betterment in 34 countries around the world. We work to offer clean water, decent toilets and good hygiene to underprivileged people globally, through convincing the governments to change laws, linking policy makers with people on the ground, pooling knowledge and resources, and rallying support from people and organisations from different corners of the world – altogether making lasting change happen on a massive scale. Currently WaterAid is looking for a dynamic, committed, passionate and self-driven individual for the position of ‘Programme Officer- Monitoring and Evaluation’ for its country office in Bangladesh.
To know more, please visit: www.wateraid.org
As a member of a high-performing M&E team s/he should take responsibility and contribute to
- Conduct field monitoring and quality verification of project implementation by WaterAid and partner NGOs as per need
- After monitoring visit, compile monitoring findings and prepare reports to share with respective project/programme focal and line Manager.
- Work with WaterAid global web-based systems related to planning, monitoring, evaluation and reporting (PMER) of projects and programmes.
- Coordinate with PMER focal at WaterAid UK to review inconsistency in Project Centre (PC) and execute solution including uploading of necessary documents in the online global system of PMER.
- Work with locally designed mobile-phone based online project management information system/database (mPMIS) for planning, monitoring and data collection of projects for donor reporting and feeding WaterAid global systems.
- Build capacity of partner M&E staff and field forces on the use of mPMIS and routine M&E activities.
- Build capacity and support WAB programme teams on mPMIS, Project Centre, Water Quality Apps and other systems and tools already in use or to be in use.
- Undertake regular data check in the system/database and help maintain data integrity and consistency in multiple systems by programme team and PNGOs.
- Support capacity building of partner NGOs across all monitoring and reporting functions including data input, validation and reporting as per WaterAid/donor requirements
- Initiate and coordinate studies and evaluations by external consultants related to project baseline/endline and evaluations by supporting the hiring process, overseeing quality and disseminating/sharing results.
- Conduct small-scale in-house mix-method studies, develop mobile phone-based data collection tool in mWater platform, analyze data and write report.
- Develop policy briefs and other knowledge products from the results of M&E coordinated/managed evaluations/studies as required.
- Provide data support to programme and fundraising team from the mPMIS for grant specific donor reporting as well as six-monthly and annual reporting of WaterAid as per PMER cycle.
- Manage specific databases on Water Quality Test, inventory of water and sanitation hardware and any other system that will come into place.
Education and experience: Masters or equivalent degree preferably in Statistics/Anthropology/ Development Economics/Urban and Rural Planning.
At least 04 (four) years’ demonstrated experience in M&E with reputed organisations preferably with INGOs, donor agencies or international organisations is required. For excellent academic attainment or graduation/post-graduation from abroad, the years of experience may be relaxed.
Knowledge: Knowledge on both qualitative and quantitative research methods; study methodology, M&E techniques and tools, and application of computer software (SPSS, MS Excel, MS Access, GIS, STATA) and monitoring devices is essential.
Skill: Data analysis and writing analytical quality report skill is crucial; ability to present study findings, skill and experience in maintaining MIS, mobile phone-based monitoring system, database network and electronic data archiving is required. Good communication skills and experience to work with partners and donors; pro-activeness, positive attitude and professional integrity is required as well.
Competencies: Must be a team player with mutual trust and understanding in a mixed team, self-motivated, problem solver, demonstrates gender and cultural awareness, effective communicator, capable to work under extreme pressure, juggling with blisteringly urgent priorities and meet deadlines. Ready to undertake extensive field visits as required.
Reportable to : Manager-Monitoring and Evaluation
Working hours : Full time (05 days a week with minimum 37.5 hours per week)
Contract tenure : 02 Years with possibility of extension
Salary & benefits : Attractive salary package with admissible benefits that include provident fund, gratuity, festival bonus, life insurance, hospitalization insurance for spouse and children, cell phone allowances etc.
If you are passionate to make a difference, courageous to improve lives of the poor with water, sanitation and hygiene, confident to meet organisation’s expectations and fulfil the above-mentioned requirements, please apply online through
Application Deadline: 05 December 2020
ONLY SHORT-LISTED CANDIDATES WILL BE CONTACTED.
Candidates will have to be ready to go through an extensive selection process.
Any lobbying will be considered as disqualification
Women are specially encouraged to apply
WaterAid is committed to ensuring that wherever we work in the world there is no tolerance for the abuse of power, privilege or trust. WaterAid reinforces a culture of zero tolerance towards any form of inappropriate behaviour, abuse, harassment, or exploitation of any kind. The safeguarding of our beneficiaries, staff, volunteers and anyone working on our behalf, is our top priority, and we take our responsibilities extremely seriously. All staff and volunteers are required to share in this commitment through our Global Code of Conduct.
Please visit https://www.wateraid.org/uk/safeguarding-at-wateraid