ওয়ার্ল্ড ফুড প্রোগ্র্যাম এর নিয়োগ বিজ্ঞপ্তি
WFP seeks candidates of the highest integrity and professionalism who share our humanitarian principles.
Selection of staff is made on a competitive basis, and we are committed to promoting diversity and gender balance.ABOUT WFP
The United Nations World Food Programme is the world’s largest humanitarian agency fighting hunger worldwide. The mission of WFP is to help the world achieve Zero Hunger in our lifetimes. Every day, WFP works worldwide to ensure that no child goes to bed hungry and that the poorest and most vulnerable, particularly women and children, can access the nutritious food they need.ORGANIZATIONAL CONTEXT
At this level job holders are expected to take responsibility for completion of a range of business support activities requiring some interpretation of standard guidelines/practices. Job holders are able to recommend a course of action to staff at various levels and may allocate tasks to more junior colleagues.JOB PURPOSE
Provide high level secretarial and administrative support to the Emergency Coordinator, the Head of Office, as well as organizational and coordinative secretarial services for the office.
Under the supervision of Emergency Coordinator will be responsible for the following duties:KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES (not all-inclusive)
- Gather information with clear direction to support the drafting of documents and preparing reports for the Emergency Coordinator’s Office.
- Respond to queries and escalate where appropriate, in order to provide a timely and accurate service.
- Maintain calendar, schedule appointments and meetings; compile background documents and talking points and brief the managers on matters to be considered prior to scheduled meetings.
- Support processing and managing routine administrative and financial tasks in various functional areas, to contribute to the effective and timely management of resources.
- Provide revision and proofreading services for standard documents, to contribute to the development of accurate documentation.
- Take responsibility for the maintenance of set standard systems and files, to ensure information is accurate and readily available for the function.
- Identify simple discrepancies in statistics and data, such as missing information, and report to support colleagues in different units for delivering their work.
- Take responsibility for data integrity to facilitate availability of accurate information in corporate systems.
- Participate in the organization and preparation of staff meetings or special events.
KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES (Continue)
Coordinate in maintaining high-level engagement by designing and organizing events during internal and external High-Level Missions
- Provide guidance on routine business support methods and practices for other units to ensure services are delivered consistently and to the required standards.
- Network with UN agencies and development partners to manage and update information relevant to the office.
- Preform liaison duties and follow-up on requests with the local government authorities.
OTHER SPECIFIC JOB DUTIES
- Management of workflow and follow up for the effective functioning of the office of the Head of the Office. This includes information on important issues of a sensitive and confidential nature and liaising with all staff
- Assist in protocol matters
- Prepare Trip documents
- Arrange and schedule meetings, events, workshops and trainings
- Book hotel accommodations, air tickets
- Monitor and record leave including consolidating leave plan
- Manage registry, mail, and pouches
STANDARD MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
Education: Bachelor’s degree in any discipline. Secretarial course is a plus.
Experience: At least 2 years of experience in secretarial or in general administrative work.
Language: Fluency in both oral and written communication in English and Bangla. Knowledge of local provincial language an asset
Knowledge & Skills:
- Knowledge of specialized common business practices and methods gained through relevant technical training and experience.
- Ability to develop and maintain relationships with a range of individuals in order to provide a high-quality support service.
- Ability to carry out basic data analysis and independently rectify problems requiring attention.
- Ability to monitor and record financial transactions.
- Good communication skills required to give and receive information and work with a variety of individuals.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.
DESIRED EXPERIENCES FOR ENTRY INTO THE ROLE:
- Formal training in administration.
- Knowledge of WFP administrative manuals in the area of finance, budget, human resources, transport, procurement or travel.
4Ps CORE ORGANISATIONAL CAPABILITIES
- Understand and communicate the Strategic Objectives: Helps teammates articulate WFP’s Strategic Objectives.
- Be a force for positive change: Suggests potential improvements to team’s work processes to supervisor.
- Make the mission inspiring to our team: Explains the impact of WFP activities in beneficiary communities to teammates.
- Make our mission visible in everyday actions: Articulates how own unit’s responsibilities will serve WFP’s mission.
- Look for ways to strengthen people’s skills: Trains junior teammates on new skills and capabilities.
- Create an inclusive culture: Seeks opportunities to work with people from different backgrounds.
- Be a coach & provide constructive feedback: Serves as a peer coach for colleagues in same area of work.
- Create an “I will”/”We will” spirit: Tracks progress toward goals and shares this information on a regular basis with supervisor.
- Encourage innovation & creative solutions: Explores ways to consistently be more efficient and accurate in own areas of work and shares new methods of work with colleagues.
- Focus on getting results: Focuses on getting results and tracks trends in completion rates for own tasks to identify opportunities for efficiency.
- Make commitments and make good on commitments: Takes responsibility for own tasks and notifies supervisor as soon as possible of potential delays in meeting deadlines or commitments.
- Be Decisive: Independently decides what action to take when faced with critical choices in the workplace or in dangerous situations in the field.
- Connect and share across WFP units: Suggests opportunities for partnering with other units to supervisor.
- Build strong external partnerships: Identifies opportunities to work with colleagues and partners in the field towards common goals.
- Be politically agile & adaptable: Develops an understanding of the value of WFP’s teams and external partners in fulfilling team’s goals and objectives.
- Be clear about the value WFP brings to partnerships: Aligns own activities with supervisor’s priorities to fulfill internal and external partner needs.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
Contract Type: Service Contract
Contract Duration: 12 months
Duty Station: Cox’s Bazar, Bangladesh
Nationality: Bangladeshi only
Monthly Net Salary: 77466 BDTDEADLINE FOR APPLICATIONS
24 May 2020.
Female applicants and qualified applicants from developing countries are especially encouraged to apply
WFP has zero tolerance for discrimination and does not discriminate on the basis of HIV/AIDS status.
No appointment under any kind of contract will be offered to members of the UN Advisory Committee on Administrative and Budgetary Questions (ACABQ), International Civil Service Commission (ICSC), FAO Finance Committee, WFP External Auditor, WFP Audit Committee, Joint Inspection Unit (JIU) and other similar bodies within the United Nations system with oversight responsibilities over WFP, both during their service and within three years of ceasing that service.