“নিউটন অ্যাডভান্সড ফেলোশিপ ২০১৮” আবেদন শুরু হয়েছে!!! ভাতা ৩৮ লক্ষ টাকা প্রতিবছর!! এখনই আবেদন করুন
Deadline: September 6, 2017
Are you an international researcher? You can now apply for the Newton Advanced Fellowship. This programme focuses on early to mid-career international researchers who have already established (or are in the process of establishing) a research group or research network and have a research track record. The focus will be on developing their research strengths and providing support for more formalised training and development in collaboration with a UK partner. The award will support the international researcher in their own country, providing them with funding through a UK partner to establish and develop collaborations with the UK with the intention of transferring knowledge and research capabilities to partner countries.
The Newton Advanced Fellowship is in partnership with the Academy of Medical Sciences and British Academy. This scheme is funded by the Department of Business, Energy and Industrial Strategy as part of the Newton Fund, which is an initiative that aims to develop the longterm sustainable growth and welfare of partner countries through building research and innovation capacity, and forms part of the UK’s Official Development Assistance commitment.
Awards last for up to three years. Up to £37,000 is available each year, guidelines for use as follows:
- A salary top up (maximum £5,000) for the group leader from the partner country.
- Research support of up to £15,000: covering costs for a contribution towards research assistants, consumables, or equipment.
- Travel and subsistence up to £12,000: covering travel costs of the UK partner to the international partner and/or travel of the international partner to the UK.
- Training costs for up to £5,000.
- Maximum per year: Up to £37,000.
- Applicants must have a PhD or equivalent research experience and hold a permanent or fixed-term contract in an eligible university or research institute, which must span the duration of the project.
- Applicants should have no more than 15 years of postdoctoral experience. Collaborations should focus on a single project involving an overseas-based scientist (“the Applicant”) and a UK-based scientist (“the Co-applicant”).
- Researchers from the countries listed below are eligible to apply for the Newton Advanced Fellowships. The Royal Society and Academy of Medical Sciences have established partnerships with funding organisations in each of these countries (listed below). These partners are offering similar opportunities for UK researchers wishing to visit partner countries.
- The Royal Society and the Academy of Medical Sciences are accepting applications from researchers in the following countries:
- Brazil (in partnership with CONFAP)
- China (in partnership with the National Natural Science Foundation of China)
- Mexico (in partnership with the Mexican Academy of Sciences (MAS) and the National Council of Science and Technology (CONACYT)
- The Academy of Medical Sciences is also accepting clinical and patient orientated research applications from the following countries:
- South Africa (in partnership with the National Research Foundation)
- Applications should be submitted through the Royal Society’s grants and awards management system (Flexi-Grant®).
- Please note that confirmation of support from the UK and overseas heads of department will need to be completed before the advertised deadline in order to successfully complete and submit the application.
- Fellowships must start March 2018.