রুম টু রিড আমেরিকা ভিত্তিক আন্তর্জাতিক অলাভজনক সংস্থার নতুন নিয়োগ বিজ্ঞপ্তি
Room to Read is a US based international non-profit organization. We envision a world in which all children can pursue a quality education, reach their full potential and contribute to their community and the world. To achieve this goal, we focus on two areas where we believe we can have the greatest impact: literacy and gender equality in education. We work in collaboration with communities and local governments and partner organizations across Asia and Africa to develop literacy skills and a habit of reading among primary school children, and support girls to complete secondary school with the life skills they’ll need to succeed in school and beyond. Room to Read currently work in Bangladesh, Cambodia, India, Laos, Nepal, South Africa, Sri Lanka, Tanzania, Vietnam, and Zambia. To learn more about Room to Read, please visit www.roomtoread.org.
Room to Read is working in Bangladesh since 2008. We are inviting applications for the position of Senior Accounting Associate from Bangladeshi nationals:
Senior Accounting Associate
(Based in Dhaka Country Office)
Senior Accounting Associate will assist Accounting & Finance Director in overseeing all aspects of the organization’s finances and accounting initiatives. The position will report directly to the Accounting & Finance Director and will have regular interactions with all staff
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Review and process payment documents as per the Room to Read finance policies, applicable country statutes and relevant SOP where applicable.
- Assist the Accounting & Finance Director to maintain records related to bookkeeping, expenses, funds, partnership ventures;
- Review of expense reports & writing Cheques & Vouchers plus timely disbursement to employees, partners & vendors;
- Approves payments, purchase authorizations and other financial transactions to ensure compliance with staff rules, financial rules and implementing instruments/authority;
- In close coordination with Field/Sub Offices/Program Section, maintains a system to monitor and forecast cash requirements to meet administrative and project expenditures;
- Assist A&FD to prepare monthly cash requirements for the office and requests timely replenishment from GO;
- Constantly reviews banking arrangements to ensure timely transfer of funds and minimize exchange loses and bank charges;
- In close coordination with Field Offices, coordinate replies to finance related audit comments;
- Visit partner office, project office and field office at least once every three months. During these visits, the Sr.AA will be following a field visit program which will include detail review of partner/project/field office documents, analysis of spending, compliance and similar activities.
- After each visit the Sr.AA will be issuing a written report to the Partner organization, Project office and Field Office Manager as applicable with a copy to A&FD;
- Support A&FD, when required, for all Audits, financial analysis/reporting and during AP&B and quarterly forecasts;
- Assist A&FD in preparing financial reports by deadlines;
- Prepare necessary schedules & assist internal & external audit;
- Assist A&FD in developing documents related to NGO Affairs Bureau, contracts, annual budgets & revised budget of Room to Read & partners;
- Review and process all payment documents as per the Room to Read finance policies, applicable country statutes and relevant SOP where applicable;
- Do all other activities as delegated by the A&FD as and when required
- Bachelor’s degree (Master’s preferred) in finance or related field such as accounting, management etc.
- Preferred partly qualified Accounting Professional of recognized Accounting body (CA/CIMA/CMA)
- At least 3 years of relevant experience in Finance and Accounts. Experience with INGOs will be given preference
- Experience in successful implementation of a wide range of responsibilities in a prior financial services position High energy level, comfortable performing multifaceted projects in conjunction with day-to-day activities
- Superior interpersonal abilities. Ability to get along with diverse personalities, tactful, mature, flexible
- Good reasoning abilities, Sound judgment
- We offer competitive salary. The benefits include:
- Provident Fund
- 13th Month Bonus
- Discretionary Performance Bonus
- Health coverage including spouse and children
- Professional Development opportunities. The most significant benefit is the opportunity to work with one of the fastest growing international organizations, which has sole focus on education & continuously innovating efficient & effective social entrepreneurship
Send your application & resume to the Senior Manager-People Operations, Room to Read Bangladesh through this link https://osv-rtr.wd5.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/RoomToRead/job/Bangladesh—Main—Dhaka/Senior-Accounting-Associate_R-01176 on or before 10 December, 2019. Any persuasion attempt will disqualify your candidacy. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Room to Read is an equal opportunity employer committed to identifying & developing the skills & leadership of people from diverse backgrounds.
“Qualified female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply”