সুইসকন্টাক্ট (Swisscontact) বাংলাদেশের নতুন নিয়োগ বিজ্ঞপ্তি
Swisscontact was established in 1959 as an independent foundation by notable figures from the worlds of commerce and science in Switzerland. It is exclusively involved in international development co-operation and has carried out its own and mandated projects since 1961. Based in Zurich, Swisscontact currently employs over 1,400 staff worldwide and manages projects in 36 countries on behalf of public and private donors.
Swisscontact is inviting applications from development professionals, willing to serve as the Sector Manager, to its upcoming innovative skills-development project, Building Skills for Unemployed and Underemployed Labour (B-SkillFUL) in Bangladesh. This is the Phase II of the project which will be funded by the Swiss Agency for Development and Cooperation (SDC). B-SkillFUL will support small and medium enterprises (SMEs) in selected sectors in Bangladesh to create quality employment opportunities for poor and disadvantaged individuals, and to access and utilise business development services (BDS) to improve their business performance. B-SkillFUL will also support the development of private sector led sustainable models for skilling and up-skilling workers to improve their working conditions. In addition, B-SkillFUL will play a catalytic role in initiating and anchoring a private sector led workforce development and enterprise modernisation process in Bangladesh.
Position: Sector Manager, B-SkillFUL Phase II, Swisscontact Bangladesh
Location: Dhaka with regular visits to field locations
Duration : Initial contract of one year; based on performance, the contract will be extended up to May 2024
Reports to : Senior Manager – Partnership and Strategy, B-SkillFUL Phase II, Swisscontact Bangladesh
Purpose of the Job
The Sector Manager serves as a liaison between the Zonal Coordinators and the Senior Manager – Partnership and Strategy. The individual will be responsible for supervising and assisting the Zonal Coordinators and the Senior Manager – Partnership and Strategy, respectively, in ensuring smooth implementation of sector specific interventions mandated by the project. The individual will also be expected to perform any duty(s) in line with the essential functions and responsibilities provided below, as assigned by the Team Leader and/or Senior Manager – Partnership and Strategy
Essential Functions and Responsibilities
- Supervise the Zonal Coordinators in designing and implementating sector specific interventions;
- Guide and advise Zonal Coordinators in choosing relevant sectors, SMEs and BDS providers to facilitate project interventions;
- Guide and advise Zonal Coordinators in sector analysis, assessing and identifying sector constraints, data collection and analysis, preparation of sector reports, etc.;
- Support the Senior Manager – Partnership and Strategy in all aspects of project implementation;
- Assist the Senior Manager – Partnership and Strategy in strategic thinking and planning, strategy development, deal making and partnership management;
- Provide strategic support to ensure project’s goals are met through appropriate inclusive market development strategies, and integration of transversal themes;
- Assist in identifying commercial viability of various solutions such as skills-development initiatives and BDS for SMEs;
- Assist strategic communication and capitalisation initiatives of the project;
- Assist in building capacity of project staff on inclusive markets and Market Systems Development (MSD) approach; and
- Assist in organising seminars, knowledge sharing events and workshops.
Skills and Experience
The individual must conform to the following qualifications and expertise:
- At least a master degree in Economics, Development Studies, Marketing, Finance or equivalent;
- Minimum 6 years of relevant and progressive professional experience in similar role(s) preferably in NGOs/INGOs;
- Good verbal and written communication skills in English and Bengali;
- Good computer literacy in MS Office programmes (specifically Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook);
- Demonstrates openness to change and ability to manage complexities;
- Works with trustworthiness and integrity and is committed to Swisscontact’s core values; and
- Demonstrates awareness and sensitivity to gender and diversity (including sensitivity towards differently abled individuals).
- Prior experience in providing business advisory support to private sector;
- Sound knowledge and understanding of SME development concepts in Bangladesh and/or relevant contexts;
- Good understanding of MSD and working experience with SMEs and BDS providers;
- Good understanding of private sector development and business decision making process.
- Ability to assist in as well as lead strategic planning and contribute to strategy development and implementation;
- Good analytical, negotiation, problem solving and decision making skills;
- Results oriented and strong research and reporting skills; and
- Attentive to details and quality of work.
- Prior experience of managing multiple partners and portfolio of interventions; and
- Must have good organisational skills and ability to multitask effectively under pressure.
- Possesses leadership and management skills;
- Ability to work productively in a highly collaborative setting (is a team player) while also able to operate independently; and
- Ability to build strong relationships and communicate clearly with project partners, beneficiaries, other target groups and all relevant internal and external stakeholders.
Field visits play a large part in the incumbent’s activities; as such, it is expected that the incumbent is willing and able to take part in such activities as needed and sometimes under short notice.
Working Conditions and Environment
This will be applicable in accordance to the Swisscontact Staff Manual.
Please email your application form along with a cover letter (elaborating your competencies for the position and expected salary) to firstname.lastname@example.org addressing Head of Business Administration, Swisscontact Bangladesh.The job description and the application form can be downloaded from our website https://www.swisscontact.org/en/country/bangladesh/work-with-us/jobs.html. Please mention the name of the position applied to in the “subject” line of your email. Applications must be submitted on or before 31 May 2020.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted for final selection process.
Swisscontact is an equal opportunity employer. We strongly encourage female professionals to apply