Erasmus Mundus Joint Master Degree (EMJMD), is a prestigious, integrated, international study programme, jointly delivered by an international consortium of higher education institutions.
Most consortia require applications to be submitted between October and January, for courses starting the following academic year. Students and potential scholars/guest lecturers should contact directly the relevant consortium for more information on courses and application procedures. Please notice that when you apply, some data is shared with the Agency
I. Admission requirements
The Course will be open for all applicants around the world. The eligibility requirements have been recognized by all Consortium universities and are the following:
The Masters Course is open to European and non European excellent students having acquired a BSc in mathematics, physics, computer sciences, automatic control and related fields.
Bachelor’s degree of at least 180 ECTS in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Automatic/ Electrical/ Electronics Engineering or Information Technology or a closely related area.
Knowledge of computer networking, programming and operating systems is recommended.
The grade average of the previous study should prove high qualification of the applicant. This will normally be the case for a grade average of ‘B’ or better in terms of the ECTS grading scale.
English Language :
Applicants need to prove that they have sufficient fluency in English. A TOEFL test with at least a score of 600 paper-based/250 computer-based/95 internet-based or an Academic IELTS score of at least 6.5 overall and with 6 in writing or TOEIC score of at least 750 is required.
The Institutional TOEFL-code number of University of Lorraine is: 3368.
The proof of English proficiency is required even when the language of instruction for the previous education was English. However, for nationals of countries listed under this link the proof of language proficiency is waived.
All pre-selected candidates will be invited to an interview by videoconference.
II. List of Required Documents
Along with the application form the following documents must be provided:
1. Gender / Name/ Email / Birth date / Postal address / Phone
2. Citizenship and country of residence.
3. Scanned image of your passport showing your picture (PDF).
4. Financing (scholarship, self financing,…)
6. University degrees (held or currently studying) and universities where those degrees were obtained.
7. Academic certificates, University degree certificate/diploma in case you have finished your degree and if you are still pursuing it you should submit academic certificates corresponding to the courses you have finished and currently are undertaking. All university transcripts must be in English.
8. Description of the contents of the courses taken to obtain the degree of the previous point. It is of utmost importance to state any subject, experience or work related to IT areas of knowledge.
9. Two recommendation letters
10. Employment information
11. Proof of proficiency in English. TOEFL, IELTS and TOIEC certificates are preferred.
12. Motivation letter, in which the applicant explains in English the reasons to study PERCCOM and how they relate to his/her career goals.
13. Information on multiple EM applications (if any)