ব্র্যাক ইন্টারন্যাশনাল এ নতুন নিয়োগ বিজ্ঞপ্তি
Career with BRAC International
BRAC is a development success story, spreading anti-poverty solutions born in Bangladesh to 10 other developing countries in Asia and Africa, making it a global leader in providing opportunities for the world’s poor.
BRAC was founded in Bangladesh in 1972 by Sir Fazle Hasan Abed, and is today one of the top leaders in developing cost-effective, evidence-based poverty innovations in extremely poor, fragile and post-disaster settings. BRAC started its first programme outside of Bangladesh in Afghanistan in 2002through the Stichting BRAC International, which is registered in the Netherlands. BRAC International is currently reaching over 19 million people beyond Bangladesh and creating opportunities to break the cycle of poverty.
With a holistic approach that uses a wide array of interventions including microfinance, education, healthcare, food security, legal services and more, BRAC invests in communities’ own human and material resources, catalyzing lasting change and creating an ecosystem in which the poor have the chance to seize control of their own lives. Of the world’s top development and humanitarian relief organisations, BRAC is one of the few based in the global south. In March 2018, BRAC was ranked as the number one NGO in the world for the third consecutive year by the Geneva-based NGO Advisor, an independent media organization committed to highlighting innovation, impact and governance in the non-profit sector.
BRAC International is seeking application from competent, dynamic and self-motivated individuals to fill the following position:
Programme Manager- Agriculture, Food Security & Livelihood
BRAC Agriculture, Food Security and Livelihood (AFSL) programme aims to improve food security and livelihoods; reduce hunger and malnutrition; reduce poverty through increased environmentally sustainable agricultural production. The programme is active in Liberia, Sierra Leone, Tanzania, Uganda and Afghanistan, with expansion plans underway in Nepal and Myanmar. This Programme manages holistic interventions which include training, input supply, promote the use of efficient farming techniques and proven technologies, linkage with market actors, financial institution and extension services. Women and young people are particularly targeted to engage them with the farming sector as a dynamic growing business. The programme has reached about 3 million populations.
Job Location: BRAC Liberia
Proper planning and timely implementation of projects, lead and coordinate project activities, manage and provide technical guidance to team, reporting in adherence with BRAC and donor guidelines and standards , developing new projects for fund raising (in coordination with the country and head office and affiliate team), and working closely with government counterparts, stakeholders:
- Management and Planning for project implementation including technical activity, financial and procurement planning, coordination and execution of the AFSL project.
- Making liaison with the Donor Agencies at the national and international level for agriculture, food security and livelihood sector development and raising funds.
- Actively involve preparing Concept Note/ proposals development for agriculture, food security and livelihood activities
- Ensure that all Agriculture, Food Security & livelihood (AFSL) activities are conducted in accordance with approved work plans and budgets. (Field visit, regular programme monitoring, budget forecast, plan vs progress, reports etc.)
- Coordination with other BRAC programme (eg. health, education, ELA, MF, Finance, Audit, HR etc) and ensure that financial, administration and logistics requirements of the FSL projects are arranged.
- Represent BRAC internally and externally, contributing to improved coordination in the food security & livelihood cluster, and maintain good relation and liaison with partners and key stakeholders, government, INGOs, research institutions and local authorities. Ensure BRAC is held with high esteem and respect and receives adequate visibility.
- Arrange periodic internal and donor meeting and preparation of reports (both programmatic and financial) in accordance with guidelines and donor requirements and deadlines.
- Facilitate to development of learning materials (e.g. training module, guidelines, flip chart, leaflet/booklet, policy/strategy papers, etc.)
- Provide technical support, capacity building and innovative ideas, (e.g. training, workshop, meeting) to volunteers, national staff. .
- Communicate and coordinate with stakeholders for business oriented services for production, processing and marketing of agricultural (crop, livestock)inputs and products, & the development of agricultural value chain.
- Supporting for staff recruitment, appraisal, management, general well-being, job descriptions, work schedules, discipline etc. in coordination with CR and support team.
- Ensureing integrated development of the adaptive research, climate smart agriculture
- Support to seed production farm as per the suggestion and guideline of the CR and program anchor.
Educational Requirements: Masters in Agricultural Science or DVM/Animal Husbandry.
- Good management and pedagogical skills in the agriculture, livestock, food security and livelihood development programme.
- Capacity to manage a multidisciplinary and multicultural team
- Strong capacity building/training facilitation skills and experience.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English with different stakeholders.
- Capacity building of local farmer organizations and market actors, dealers.
- Good report writing skills, and experience in conducting surveys.
- Ability to work under pressure and deadlines
- Diplomacy, tact and negotiating skills
- Strong financial/budget management skills required
- The ability to coordinate effective team work and to work effectively within a team
- Strong conceptual, creative and analytical skills and be responsible, flexible, culturally sensitive.
- Minimum 5 years job experience in different Agriculture, Food security & Livelihood development sectors.
Employment type: Contractual
If you feel you are the right match for the above mentioned position, please follow the application instructions accordingly:
External candidates need to apply online through careers.brac.net or email their CV with a letter of interest mentioning educational grades, years of experience, current and expected salary at [email protected]
Internal candidates need to apply with their latest CV including all job assignments in detail with BRAC PIN and email to [email protected]
Please mention the name of the position and AD# BI 16/18 in the subject bar.
Only complete applications will be accepted and short listed candidates will be contacted.
Women are especially encouraged to apply.
Application deadline: 25 April 2018
BRAC is an equal opportunities employer.